Manchester United News

Bologna does not want Marko Arnautovic to go to Manchester United

By Harry Smith

Bologna does not want Marko Arnautovic to go to Manchester United

It looks like Manchester United will have to look for other options

Síguenos enSíguenos en Google News

Last Sunday afternoon, right after Manchester United lost at home in their first match of the Premier League season against Brighton & Hove Albion, it was reported by multiple sources that the club had already made a bid to Bologna for the transfer of Marko Arnautović. This generated a lot of negative comments from the fans.

The 33-year-old striker is definitely past the best moment in his career as he has spent two of the last three years playing for China’s side Shanghai Port. Last summer he moved to Bologna, which is not one of Italy’s top clubs at the moment. However, he did score 15 goals in 34 games last season in a team that ended up in mid-table.

More Man Utd news:

Gary Neville has asked for the club to be sold right now
Frenkie De Jong might stay at Barcelona, says their president Laporta
 

The Austrian already knows the Premier League. He played for Stoke City and West Ham where he spent six years in English football. The Austrian is a very tall centre-forward who can be an alternative for close games against teams that “park the bus as he is a really good header of the ball.

They don’t want to let him go

Bologna’s director Marco di Vaio said that it does not matter how much Manchester United offers for Arnautović as they consider him a key player: “We are proud of the interest in Marko, but we are not planning to sell him. We want to keep him at Bologna as the president said, he is a key part of our project. There is not even a price tag”.


More news